

At last..i managed to get it started..at least for an introduction. It was a perfect day. Two classes combined in one Lab..Its 5 Bakerara and 5 Helpilia. Total up 54 of them..again...Lecture method..the difference was that: it was conducted for both classes, combined! We/ I did that in SESERI. If there is no teacher in the class, i will offer them to join T&L in my class..and most of the time, they will accept the invitation..(That's what i like abt them..they never resist extra lessons..)
So..they hurriedly search for stools (Mind u, it's a Lab chair :-> ) from the adjacent lab..And then the greeting, the doa..
My induction set was to start asking the meaning of terms : stimulus: examples of external stimuli, internal stimuli, a response and coordination..They answered in chorus, i didnt like it, i asked for a 'hand-up'..they giggled.....One thing abt the girls, they like to answer in chorus..(may be due to, too much of choral speaking in English ???)......a bit difficult to get their 'hands-up'. May be lack of confidence to give answers too.
Then we revised together the parts of Central Nervous System. There were Q&A session: Parts of the brain: Cerebrum,Cerebellum, Medulla Oblongata..I asked them to take note of the locations of each structure and the functions too. They claimed they ve learnt in Science Form 2. So it was a refresher for them..They asked me what is sympathetic NS and Parasympathetic NS..they asked me what is voluntary action and involuntary actions and examples..I asked them back : asking them to refer to Bio Module, text book and reference book..They asked me whether 'coughing' is involuntary action or not? I said 'coughing real' is involuntary action but 'coughing berdehem-dehem' tu voluntary action...They asked me "sleepy' is involuntary or voluntary? I said sleeping is supposed to be voluntary, U can choose whether u want to sleep or not..they said involuntary..because they said they cldnt stop being sleepy, especially in class!! So check it out : Sleeping is voluntary or Involuntary..SESERIANS out there..Wat is the answer?
I reminded them to pay more attention to the structures of: hypothalamus, thalamus and pituitary glands..and take note of their functions!!
Well, that's for an introduction of the Nervous system..I was so happy with that day's lesson. Because all them were awake..Mungkin sebab bila dua kelas sekaligus, masing-masing nak tunjuk mereka tak mengantuk? or because i was holding my camera handphone to sneakingly snap their actions..So to end the lesson, they happily posed so that i cld post this photo into my Blog...
No comments:
Post a Comment