Going to MTD again this year.....and it was my third time starting 2007..When I was invited for a Talk by Major CTF, I hardly find an appropriate date to fix for the Talk..because most of my free dates were already booked by other schools and of course some were allocated for meetings...But, finally I managed to squeeze it on the 7th August.
Well...looking at the boys with their military uniforms make me feel great to be with this special bunch of students...who have been trained to be a well disciplined teenagers......I believed what I saw infront of me was the product of our Education system....
It was a two hour Talk..as usual...Most of the boys were attentive (Less than 4 were dozing off once or twice..).They asked questions and showed interest..one thing for sure, all of them want to score A Biology..
The gesture which make them different from other school students is their ‘salute’ when they greet the teachers..
....and of course I like the way they called me ***ma’am.......dont know why..may be because its already too common that my students called me ‘cikgu’ and ‘ teacher’...and even ‘sifu’...
***Madam, Madame, ma'am, or Mme is a title for a woman. It is derived from the French madame , the equivalent of Mrs. or Ms., and literally signifying "my lady."
Ma'am" is commonly used to address female officers of the rank of Inspector and above in British police forces and female Commissioned Officers and Warrant Officers in the British Armed Forces.
In the United States Armed Forces and in the Canadian Armed Forces, "ma'am" is used to address female commissioned officers and Warrant Officers. U.S. Marine recruits and U.S. Air Force trainees also address female non-commissioned officers as "ma'am."
......So...no wonder they address me as ‘ma’am’........
MTD Boys.....(Elias.. ) All the best in your SPM...Score A -Biology..I pray for ur success...Malaysian Future leaders!!!
...Second: I went to SMKAB= Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Aminuddin Baki....One of the ‘Cluster School’ in Malaysia..This time it is mixed..Boys and girls..Malays, Chinese, Indians...With greater percent are Malays...
And the Talk was focusing on both papers : paper 2 and Paper 3....It lasted for 2 hours also....by then, tekak pun sakit........I didn’t leave them my email add and my blogspot address like I did to MTD boys...may be because they looked a bit cold to me.......MTD boys are warmer ...( betul ke elias?)
Anyway, at last I managed to fulfil their teachers’ wish to have me there to share last minutes tips and guidance as how to go about answering Biology in their coming SPM Examination....a few months from now..I sincerely hope everybody have gained something out of the Talk.... .
...I owe another two Bio talk next week...Ughhh..**Sigh
haha.....
ReplyDeletecayalah rmc!!!!
elias: I met ur Bio teacher Ms SB this morning..
ReplyDelete