Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A start of the year 2010

After about a months break.... school resumes, Another chapter starts again...
...and this year I have 4 classes of form 5 + a class of Form 4 to take care of.
..and the form fours have not registered yet...but the form five has started lessons...

For the first week, the usual chapter learnt in Bio is of course TRANSPORT...and having all a new set of students (bcoz i didnt teach them when they were in form 4)...it seems that I have homework to do (that is memorising their names..uhuhuh...)

I'm using teaching courseware to show animation which involve blood flows and the pumping of heart. Apart from that they are given the opportunity to 'hands-on' with stethoscope, microscope and sphygmomanometer in Bio Lab....and the exploring of the heart models and the electronic model of blood circulation ......All in one-- has helped them to get a better understanding of the Blood Circulatory System..

They are using digital sphygmomanometer to record their blood pressure (normal is 120/80 mmHg) .I didnt encounter any problem to demonstrate it because in each class I taught, there were at least 3-4 girls who are familiar with the app..bcoz their parents have it at home...








No comments:

Post a Comment