Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome to Teachers World

Nabilah (In Red tudung)-- Future Excellence Teacher(s ) of Malaysia

Future Teachers

..It was abt 8.45 am when i reached UM (Universiti Malaya) main entrance..I was heading to the Library Parking Place then....walked to Dewan Kuliah 4, Fakulti Sains..

This place is not new to me.... we (my students and I)regularly came here last two months: to Tissue Culture Lab to do Project for the School Inovation Competition..

But today its different..I come here to give a Talk on 'Teknik Pengajaran Biologi' to UM practicum teachers..abt 150 of them...

This is my second time giving such Talk..The first was last year: different audience but the same agenda..I'm not sure whether i should call it a 'Talk' because i think it's more or less like a "sharing of experience"...Whatever lah....as long as something gained at the end of the session.

In just One and a half hour time allocated for the session, I'm hoping that what i have shared with all the " Teacher-to-be' is beneficial..and a few tips given in a short time can be practiced by them in schools...

One thing for sure, I noticed the excitement and eagerness in most of them to learn how to be a gud teacher...Silently and secretly, I'm thinking :would they be patient enough to handle this generation of students? would they be able to uphold the nobleness of this profession..?would they be as commited, as dedicated, as persevere...as...as...as...as...as...ME?

Indeed they have a long way to go..So many more challenges to be faced..**SIGH..Hopefully and i'm praying hard that they wont ever give up on students behaviours and teaching profession..

Well....There are so many things to be shared with these younger teachers..So many tips, so many laughters and tears..it is an endless stories....
Meanwhile, just let me wish them here :

"WELCOME TO TEACHERS WORLD"-


" Walk like a Teacher, Speak like a teacher, Eat like a teacher, Laugh like a teacher, Dress up like a teacher, Sleep like a teacher= BEHAVE like a teacher"

The mediocre teacher tells.
•The good teacher explains.
•The superior teacher demonstrates.
•The great teacher inspires
P/s: I'm pleased to be ur Mentor for freeee...Just contact me.

2 comments:

  1. salam, puan..thanks for being with us this morning =) yup, so many things that we still need to learn especially frm u n through time experience..doakan nabila utk jd guru cemerlang terutama in biology like u n my mom..insyaallah, i'll email u for time to time, n do email me if u'll come to um again ya nabilah_my@yahoo.com, Thanks again!! -nabilah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for visiting my Blog..and u r most welcomed to ask my opinion and advices..So gud to hear u already have target in this profession..lets make it a reality..
    ..I'm sure u'll be among the best teachers in the future..InsyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete