Saturday, March 21, 2009

Body Defence Mechanism & Immunity ♥

Well..i've started the day with this sub topic. Ive completed explaining to all three form 5 classes about Body defence mechanism. I'm not using Teaching CWare distributed by KPM, instead i used my own created Power Point to explain it.


Of course it started with the three lines of defence mechanism. Students were arguing over blood clotting and HCl in stomach which is considered as First line defence..Why?..Ding-dong ding-dong..finally i succeeded to convince them.


Then the second line of defence-The phagocytes..i stressed on the role played by neutrophils and monocytes and also the sequence of event how phagocytosis occur..Okay, fine..


Next the third line of defence:the production of antibody by lymphocytes which i relate to the Lymphatic system..Then its getting tougher and tougher when i started introducing the terms such as: Immunity, immunisation,vaccination,antibody,antigen...Then they get confused unnecessarily over antigen and pathogen..So I make them write all the definition of the terms clearly....


The two periods allocated for the T&L finally ended up with all 4 types of immunity explained, all graphs involved explained and their task is to revise, because next week there will be a Reflection on that sub topic alone! Grrrrrr..


By 2.00 pm i've lost 30% of my voice but not my weight! Blame me for teaching using 'Lecture method' (Chalk and Talk ..Markerpen and Talk )...If only i just show the Teaching CW, I cld have saved my voice?? SIGH....But..I'm still glad I'm a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment