Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm Glad I am A Teacher ♥

A wonderful poem cited 4 years back at Langkawi Seaview Hotel where Master teachers (Excellence Teachers) met..What a memory!

Credit to all teachers in Malaysia. God bless you for what u have given to the children...and mankind.

I’M GLAD I AM A TEACHER


I would rather be a teacher than a statesmen,


For he deals with finished citizens,


I deal with future citizens.



I would rather be a teacher than a great business executive,


For he works with facts and figures and lifeless coins,


But I work with minds that are open,


With the future that unfolds and principles that grow.



I would rather be a teacher than a potter,


For he shapes vessels of clay,


But I shape destinies.



I would rather be a teacher than an archaeologist,


For he unearths buried treasure,


But I unearth talent.



I would rather be a teacher than an explorer,


For he explores uncharted seas,


But I explore uncharted minds


and discover treasure island


And continents of untold possibilities.



I would rather be a teacher than a scientist,


For though he studies the wonders of rocks,


and the beauty of the stars,


and the miracles of planets


and the glory of the skies,


I deal with that which is still more miraculous


In the throbbing human hearts, unfolding human lifes


and the information of lifetime character.

No comments:

Post a Comment